- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 whole wheat lavash or 4 whole wheat tortillas 8-inch size
- 8 ounces low-sodium canned chicken
Dice celery, carrot and bell pepper.
Combine the mayonnaise and onion powder in a small bowl.
Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture over each lavash flatbread or 1 tablespoon over each tortilla.
In a separate bowl combine the diced vegetables.
Place half of the vegetables and 4 ounces of the chicken on one side of each flatbread. If using tortilla, place 1/4th the vegetables and 2 ounces of the chicken on one side of each tortilla.
Roll up the flatbread and cut each one in half at a diagonal. Secure each half with a toothpick. If using tortilla instead of lavash, secure each tortilla with a toothpick and cut each tortilla roll in half before serving.
- If low-sodium, canned chicken is unavailable, substitute with fresh stewed or baked chicken pieces.
- Compare products and select the lowest sodium lavash or tortilla.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 462 mg
Potassium 215 mg
Phosphorus 103 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 2.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Noelle from Oregon.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register