1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup grapes, 1/4 cup sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup cream
- In an 8-inch skillet heat the butter and sear chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Finely chop the shallot and sauté until tender.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with the wine and broth. Pour into the skillet, stir then add the chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes.
- While chicken is simmering cut the grapes in half.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover to keep warm. Add the cream and tarragon to the skillet and heat to boiling. Stir grapes into the sauce and cook until heated through.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and spoon sauce and grapes on top.
- Substitute 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon for the dried if available.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 167 mg
Potassium 543 mg
Phosphorus 292 mg
Calcium 52 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 fruit, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register