2" x 3" piece
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Set butter out at room temperature to soften.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, eggs, sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture and mix well. Pour batter into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Evenly disperse cherry pie filling over batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Substitute blueberry or raspberry pie filling instead of cherry if desired.
- Cut into 12 servings instead of 24 if you need extra calories.
- Lower sugar options for those with diabetes include using sugar substitute for baking instead of sugar and using low-sugar cherry filling.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 113 mg
Potassium 72 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 41 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitians Jean and Madonna from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register