one bar, 2-inch square
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Set out butter and cream cheese to soften.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut-in butter to make a crumb mixture.
- Set aside 3/4-cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a 8" x 8" x 1-1/2" baking pan.
- Bake in for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Cool slightly.
- Lightly beat eggs. Combine cream cheese, sugar (or substitute), pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
- Be sure to pack brown sugar when measuring 1/3 cup.
- Substitute Splenda® granular sweetener for 3/4 cup sugar to reduce carbohydrate to 14 grams per serving.
- Pumpkin is high in potassium but the small amount per serving keeps this recipe kidney-friendly.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 84 mg
Potassium 62 mg
Phosphorus 40 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 high calorie
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Maryann from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register