- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 cup canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- Shred cabbage and chop onion.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and sauté the onion and cabbage until limp.
- Add water, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- Drain mandarin oranges and add to cabbage mixture. Stir in hot rice.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Use coleslaw mix instead of cabbage if desired.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101 mg
Potassium 194 mg
Phosphorus 51 mg
Calcium 41 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 high-calorie
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register