- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cups cabbage
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken, cooked
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounces rice sticks (Asian rice noodles)
- 16 ounces frozen snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 2 lemons
- Mince garlic and dice onion. Shred carrots and cabbage and diagonally cut celery. Rinely chop green onions.
- In a wok or large skillet, over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Stir in chicken, shrimp and soy sauce. Add 3 cups chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add noodles using 2 wooden spoons to stir in noodles. Cook for 15 minutes until noodles are translucent. Be careful that noodles don’t become gummy. May need to add more broth (or water) to prevent this from happening.
- Add vegetables and cook until cabbage begins to soften.
- Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with sliced eggs, green onions and one lemon sliced into wedges.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top of noodles before serving. Serve immediately.
- Use sesame oil instead of olive oil if desired.
- Pork can be substituted for chicken or you can use a mixture of chicken, pork and shrimp.
- Rice noodles, also known as rice sticks, may be purchased at any Asian grocery store. Excellent® brand is a good choice.
- Shred the cabbage and carrots in a food processor or buy the pre-shredded slaw mix.
- Use a large wok or very large Dutch oven.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 41 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 220 mg
Potassium 373 mg
Phosphorus 141 mg
Calcium 49 mg
Fiber 2.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient, Bonifacia, and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Jennifer H. from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register