- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 frozen garden burger
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- Cook garden burger according to package directions, either on the stove top or microwave. When fully cooked, cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Cook the vegetables according to package directions. If you purchase the steam bag, microwave the bag according to package directions and your microwave.
- Mix the sour cream and honey mustard in a small bowl. Portion out 1 cup of vegetables in a bowl, layer garden burger on top and drizzle with sour cream/honey mustard mixture. Mix all together and enjoy!
- Look for frozen garden or vegetable burgers with the lowest amount of sodium. The recipe was tested with Morningstar® Garden Veggie Burger.
- Any low potassium mixed vegetables or one single vegetable will work as well. Steam bag frozen vegetables are convenient and low in sodium. Try broccoli, cauliflower, mixed corn, green beans, etc.
- Look for plain honey mustard or low-sodium varieties.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 433 mg
Potassium 367 mg
Phosphorus 119 mg
Calcium 61 mg
Fiber 7.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 protein
- 1 starch
- 2 vegetables, medium-potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jackie from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register