- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups marshmallow crème
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave for 1 minute.
- Add marshmallow crème and microwave for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds more and stir until well blended.
- Quickly add protein powder and mix until smooth.
- Quickly add pre-measured rice crispy cereal and mix until coated.
- Pour into a greased 13” x 9” pan and press down evenly.
- Cool, and then cut into 12 bars, 3” x 4” each.
- After protein powder is added mix quickly and add rice crispy cereal in as soon as possible because the protein powder will start to harden as it cools.
- Nutrition facts based on use with EAS 100% Whey Protein powder. One half cup weighs 84 grams and contains 54 grams protein. Since protein powders vary in the amount of protein, phosphorus and calcium, ask your dietitian for a list of acceptable brands.
- These treats are great for a snack, dessert, or breakfast on the go!
- Marshmallow crème is also known as marshmallow fluff. You can substitute 40 large marshmallows for 2 cups of marshmallow crème.
- Compared to the other High Protein Rice Treats recipe on DaVita.com, this version has less protein powder so it is less dense. Both are very tasty!
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 22 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Potassium 56 mg
Phosphorus 31 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kristen from New Jersey.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register