- 1 tablespoon powered Bakers Cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or use sugar substitute for diabetics)
- 8 ounces pasteurized liquid egg white
- 3 tablespoons nondairy frozen whipped topping
- Combine cocoa, cold water and sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add egg whites and whipped topping, mix until whipped topping melts completely.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 215
- Protein 29 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 430 mg
- Potassium 503 mg
- Phosphorus 78 mg
- Calcium 26 mg
- Fiber 1.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Diabetics can substitute Equal®, Splenda® or other sugar substitute if desired. Carbohydrate is reduced to 6 grams per serving if sugar substitute is used instead of sugar.