- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup onion
- 32 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Steam frozen or fresh cauliflower. Squeeze out excess liquid.
Place eggs and onion in food processor and pulse until combined. Add cauliflower, flour and pepper and process until finely chopped (do not over-process).
Wipe a frying pan with a paper towel dipped in oil and also spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat on low until pan is hot. Drop batter by tablespoon into the pan.
Brown latkes on both sides, turning once.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 79
- Protein 5 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 53 mg
- Sodium 57 mg
- Potassium 245 mg
- Phosphorus 64 mg
- Calcium 34 mg
- Fiber 4.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 meat
- Substitute 1 head fresh cauliflower for frozen if desired.
- Serve latkes with a spoonful of applesauce and a dollop of sour cream.
- Potassium is reduced by over 100 mg per serving by substituting cauliflower for potatoes.