Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 zucchini with stuffing
2 medium zucchini
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon original Mrs. Dash ® seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out seeds, forming a trench in each zucchini half.
- Place zucchini in a pot of boiling water, and boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- While zucchini is cooking, toast 2 slices of bread.
- Place toast and 2 uncooked pieces of bread in food processor to make bread crumbs.
- Add seasonings to bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the zucchini cooking water and blend with a fork to get the consistency of stuffing.
- Remove zucchini from water and place in 8 x 8” baking dish, peel side down.
- Spoon stuffing into trench in each zucchini half.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 82
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 180 mg
- Potassium 276 mg
- Phosphorus 63 mg
- Calcium 59 mg
- Fiber 1.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Substitute one large zucchini and serve 1/4 instead of 1/2 medium squash pieces.