Festive Pineapple Cheese Ball
- CKD non-dialysis
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soften cream cheese then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain pineapple well. Chop bell pepper.
- Add ingredients to bowl and mix well to blend.
- Shape the mixture into a ball. Wrap in wax paper and chill overnight.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 95
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 31 mg
- Sodium 93 mg
- Potassium 65 mg
- Phosphorus 32 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Be sure the pineapple is thoroughly drained, squeezing liquid by hand, if needed.
- Serve with a variety of crackers or pita chips.
- Try low-fat cream cheese to reduce the fat content.