- CKD non-dialysis
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons onion
- 2 cups bell peppers (red and green)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 40 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grate onion and dice bell peppers.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, onion, black pepper, nutmeg and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Form into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Drain juice from pineapple cans into a measuring cup. Add water to make 2 cups. Reserve pineapple chunks.
- Combine remaining 6 tablespoons cornstarch, reduced sodium soy sauce, vinegar, water, unpacked brown sugar, white sugar and pineapple juice. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place meatballs, sauce, pineapple chunks, green and red peppers in a covered warming dish or crock pot set on low setting until ready to serve.