Sweet and Spicy Tortilla Chips
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas, 6" size
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- With a pastry brush, coat tortillas with seasoning mixture.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
- Store extra chips in an airtight container.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 117
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Sodium 128 mg
- Potassium 38 mg
- Phosphorus 19 mg
- Calcium 4 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use kitchen shears to easily cut tortillas into wedges.
- Corn tortilla may be substituted for flour tortilla for a lower sodium snack (48 mg). Be aware the phosphorus is higher (63 mg).