Crock-Pot® Oriental Chicken
chicken breast, 1/2-cup vegetables and 1/2-cup rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces canned bamboo shoots, rinsed
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, sliced and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken on all sides.
Transfer chicken to a Crock-Pot®.
Stir in all ingredients except cornstarch and water. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Turn Crock-Pot to high. Combine cornstarch and cold water, stirring until smooth. Stir into Crock-Pot liquid.
Position Crock-Pot lid ajar to allow steam to escape.
Cook on high until thickened, about 15 minutes.
Serve chicken and vegetables over rice.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 370
- Protein 32 g
- Carbohydrates 40 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 73 mg
- Sodium 521 mg
- Potassium 525 mg
- Phosphorus 287 mg
- Calcium 47 mg
- Fiber 3.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 starch