Easy Crispy Lemon Chicken
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces chicken plus 2/3 cup cooked rice
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges for garnish
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley for garnish
Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt.
Cut chicken into finger-like slices; season with Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl beat the egg and water until combined.
Dip chicken in eggs and then in flour. Make sure you cover both sides with flour.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Sauté chicken in the pan until golden brown on both sides. If desired, sauté with lemon wedges for flavor and garnish. Be careful not to over cook chicken.
Squeeze lemon halves onto chicken throughout sautéing.
Right before removing chicken from pan, squeeze last drops of lemon juice onto chicken.
Take chicken out of pan. Blot excess oil from chicken with paper towels to keep it crispy.
Divide chicken into four servings and place each serving on top of 2/3 cup of white rice.
Garnish chicken and rice with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 316
- Protein 22 g
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 82 mg
- Sodium 144 mg
- Potassium 234 mg
- Phosphorus 201 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If desired, omit salt and pepper and increase Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning to 2 teaspoons.
- When removing chicken from frying pan, remove any lemon seeds that may have dropped onto the chicken pieces.
- Use any type of plain white rice. If desired, add an extra tablespoon of parsley to rice after cooking.
- Weight of chicken portion includes breading; yield is approximately 2 ounces chicken. Adjust portion to match your meal plan based on yoiur protein needs.