Sweet and Tangy Oven-fried Chicken
1 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 pounds)
Heat oven to 350° F.
Lightly coat a 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together low sugar apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Mix cornflakes, thyme and pepper in a large plastic bag (such as a bread bag or zipped-locked style bag).
Brush chicken breasts with apricot mixture, then coat in crumb mixture.
Place chicken in prepared baking dish.
Bake for 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170° F on instant-read thermometer.
Serve immediately, or chill and take to a picnic.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 308
- Protein 36 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 97 mg
- Sodium 314 mg
- Potassium 360 mg
- Phosphorus 223 mg
- Calcium 22 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 high calorie
- CKD non-dialysis: This higher protein recipe may be appropriate for your diet if the portion size were adjusted to reduce protein content. Adjustments should be based on your individual protein prescription. Check with your dietitian if you are unsure.