Open Enrollment - Is It That Time Again?
What is open enrollment?
Open enrollment is a certain period of time in which you may select or make changes to your health insurance plan for the coming year. The open enrollment time frame is set by your employer or insurance provider. The decisions you make during open enrollment are very important. They can greatly affect you and your family’s care in the future. When choosing your plan, it is important to consider the following:
- Dialysis benefits
- Transplant options
- Network/access to care
- Family vs. individual coverage
- Prescription benefits
- Other benefits (i.e., dental and vision)
- Out-of-pocket costs
Make an educated insurance decision
Making insurance choices can be challenging. There’s a lot to consider. That’s why DaVita provides a dedicated insurance counselor to help patients make an educated decision. When you’re a DaVita patient, your insurance counselor:
- Is a dedicated resource
- Will review all health insurance options with you
- Can explain potential cost/benefit differences
- Can tell you about available special assistance programs in your area
- Can assess insurance plan changes, and your options, during an employer’s open enrollment period or at any time of year
Want to know more about open enrollment?
Everyone’s insurance plan and health needs are unique. If you would like to discuss your coverage options or have questions, please reach out to one of these resources:
- Individuals with chronic kidney disease (CKD) who have not yet started dialysis, please call the Patient Advocate Helpline at 1-888-260-0086.
- DaVita dialysis patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD), please contact your insurance counselor or social worker OR fill out our Insurance Support Form.
Take a Deeper Look at Treatment & Services
Get an overview about different dialysis treatments and how they help people continue a productive life.
Understand the benefits of home dialysis, whether it’s peritoneal dialysis (PD) or home hemodialysis (HHD).
Insurance Coverage for Dialysis
When you are diagnosed with kidney disease and need dialysis or a transplant, you’ll want to understand your insurance options, how to receive financial assistance and more.
From tips to helping set up treatments when you travel, DaVita has resources to keep you on the move.
When you need emergency support or dialysis placement, look no further than DaVita® Guest Services.
See how the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recognized many DaVita centers with top marks in its Five-Star Quality Rating program.