High Protein JELL-O® Cubes
- 1 small box of JELL-O®, regular or sugar-free, any flavor
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Dissolve JELL-O® in boiling water. Add cold water.
- Whisk in protein powder until dissolved.
- Place JELL-O® in refrigerator to set, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into cubes and divide into 4 servings. Add a dollop of whipped cream and serve.
- Some gelatins contain phosphate additives and may not be recommended, especially if phosphorus control is an issue. Check labels and ingredients. Unflavored gelatin and fruit juice makes a good substitute.
- Carbohydrate count is 0 if made with sugar-free JELL-O®.
- 1/2 cup whey powder contains approximately 24 grams protein, but this amount may vary with different brands.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Melanie from West Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Potassium 43 mg
Phosphorus 53 mg
Calcium 50 mg
Fiber 0 g
Added Sugar 2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 high calorie (0 if made with sugar free JELL-O®)
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register