2 pieces celery, 1 piece carrot, 1 strip bell pepper, 1 cucumber slice, 1 radish and 1 tablespoon dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® onion herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 8 radishes
- Combine Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning with sour cream and refrigerate at least one hour to blend flavors.
- Cut each celery stalk in half lengthwise, then cut each into 4 pieces.
- Cut carrot in half lengthwise, then cut into 4 pieces.
- Cut bell pepper in half and remove seeds. Slice into 8 pieces.
- Slice cucumber half into 8 slices.
- Prepare radishes.
- Place dip in dish and arrange with veggies on a serving platter.
- Try different salt-free seasoning blends for a variety of flavors.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Potassium 140 mg
Phosphorus 25 mg
Calcium 25 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN. Submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register