Hawaiian-Style Pork Chops
1 pork chop
- Higher Potassium
Ingredients1 medium red onion
1 green bell pepper
2 lean center-loin boneless pork chops, 4 ounces each
2 slices fresh pineapple or 4 slices canned pineapple
3 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation1. Cut two slices, 1/4-inch thick each, from the red onion and bell pepper. Store remainder for other use.
2. Lay each pork chop on a separate square of aluminum foil.
3. Top each pork chop with a slice of red onion, bell pepper and one fresh pineapple slice or 2 canned slices.
4. Drizzle each chop with 1-1/2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce. Divide butter and place half on each pork chop. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
5. Wrap foil tightly around each chop, rolling ends to seal.
6. Cook on a grill or in 350º F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- If desired, cook pineapple slices on the grill then add to cooked pork chops.
- If, after 15 or 20 minutes, the chops are not completely cooked, rewrap and cook longer.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, buy smaller pork chops and weigh cooked meat to match your meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jennifer H. from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 428 mg
Potassium 535 mg
Phosphorus 244 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 1.9 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register