3-1/2 ounces (1/4 of the recipe)
- Heart Healthy
- CKD non-dialysis
- 14 ounce block extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon turmeric spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Squeeze out excess liquid from block of tofu in a clean towel, paper towels or a tofu press.
- Warm up olive oil in a frying pan.
- Crumble up tofu directly into pan in bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle turmeric and salt on top and stir ingredients until thoroughly mixed and heated.
- Add a light sprinkle of Indian black salt (Kala Namak) as an option. it gives a sulfur taste to the dish, similar to eggs. A tiny bit goes a long way.
- Other seasoning such as cayenne pepper or Mrs. Dash can be added. As well as vegetables of choices such as onions, peppers, and/or mushrooms.
- Serve with toast or as a side dish.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Holly from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74 mg
Potassium 146 mg
Phosphorus 113 mg
Calcium 281 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 protein
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register