Oriental Chicken Stir-Fry with Coleslaw Pancakes
1-1/4 cups stir-fry and 1/4 pancake
- 1 cup fresh asparagus
- 1 cup summer squash
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut asparagus, squash and green beans into 1" pieces. Slice mushrooms. Chop garlic. Cut chicken into 1" pieces.
- Spray a 12" nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix coleslaw mix, eggs, white pepper and soy sauce.
- Pour batter into skillet. Cook, covered until set and browned, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook, uncovered about 2 minutes. Keep warm.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, squash and green beans and stir-fry about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, 1/2 of ginger, 1/2 of garlic and 1/2 of sesame oil and stir-fry until chicken is cooked, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix water, cornstarch, remaining ginger, garlic and oil. Pour over stir-fry and cook, stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Cut pancake into six wedges, and spoon chicken mixture over each wedge.
- Sesame oil adds a wonderful flavor.
- One cup egg substitute may be substituted for 4 eggs to lower cholesterol content.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Barbara from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 157 mg
Sodium 199 mg
Potassium 456 mg
Phosphorus 236 mg
Calcium 56 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register