one wonton filled stack
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup Reddi-Wip® fat-free whipped topping
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray the cooking spray on a baking sheet that will fit 12 wonton wrappers.
- Spread out the wonton wrappers, and spray them with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar on wonton wrappers.
- Bake the wontons for 5 minutes or until golden brown;remove from the baking sheet.
- Place 6 wonton wrappers on a serving tray.
- Top each wrapper with 2 tablespoons of whipped topping, 1 tablespoon of raspberries and 1 tablespoon of blueberries.
- Top the berries with a second wonton wrapper.
- Sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar. Garnish them with a dollop of whipped topping, fruit and a mint leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Substitute strawberries and blackberries for raspberries and blueberries for variety.
- To reduce carbohydrate content substitute Splenda® No Calorie granular sweetener for sugar.
- If the wontons sit in the refrigerator the Reddi-Wip will melt. Assemble only when ready to serve.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Marie from Colorado.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Potassium 50 mg
Phosphorus 25 mg
Calcium 22 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register