Grilled Chicken Salad
1 chicken breast over 1-1/2 cups salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® garlic herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups butterhead lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion
- 12 medium strawberries
- 8 plain breadsticks, 9-1/4” x 3/8” size
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, vinegar, Mrs. Dash seasoning and salt.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag and add 2 tablespoons of the dressing to coat chicken pieces.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes until juices are clear and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and rest 5 minutes.
- Tear lettuce into peices. Cut onion into rings.
- Arrange lettuce, onion rings and strawberries on a plate.
- Slice each breast diagonally and place on lettuce bed.
- Pour 1 tablespoon remaining dressing over each salad.
- Serve each salad with 2 breadsticks.
- If using a thermometer, temperature should be at least 165º F.
- For a fancy presentation, leave lettuce leaves whole and serve sliced chicken breast on top.
- If you are on a lower protein diet decrease portion to 2 ounces cooked chicken per salad or ask your dietitian to recommend the best protion for your individual diet.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 29 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 278 mg
Potassium 534 mg
Phosphorus 249 mg
Calcium 55 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register