Roasted Carrot and Cauliflower Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 large turnip
- 1 medium onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups baby leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (arils)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel carrots, cut in half vertically, then cut into 2-inch pieces. Peel turnip and dice into bite-size pieces. Dice onion into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower, carrots, turnips and onions with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and Italian seasoning blend. Place onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and stir vegetables. Continue baking for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are roasting, make the salad dressing. In a small bowl combine remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and black pepper.
- To assemble the salad combine the lettuce and roasted vegetables, then toss with the dressing. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
- Do not assemble the salad until ready to serve.
- Buy cauliflower florets and baby carrots for faster preparation.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 134 mg
Potassium 378 mg
Phosphorus 53 mg
Calcium 48 mg
Fiber 3.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register