1 soup jar
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 hard cooked egg
- Place the egg in a pan of water and heat to a boil. Turn heat off and leave egg in water for 8 minutes. Drain water and add cold water to cool the egg.
- Layer rice and vegetables in a 16 ounce glass jar.
- In a small bowl mix coconut aminos, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Pour over rice and vegetables. Top with a lid and refrigerate.
- Remove jar from refrigerator at least 15 minutes before you are ready to eat.
- Pour 5 ounces boiling water into the jar, close the lid and shake to combine. Let ingredients steep in unopened jar for 2 minutes.
- Peel and slice the hard-boiled egg. Pour contents from jar into a bowl, top with egg and enjoy!
- Coconut aminos are a lower sodium, gluten-free alternative to soy sauce. One teaspoon has 90 mg sodium compared to 305 mg sodium in one teaspoon soy sauce.
- Use the bagged coleslaw mix instead of buying a cabbage and carrot.
- Recipe analysis includes brown rice. Substitute rice noodles for rice if desired.
- If you use a wide-mouth jar you can mix and eat the soup directly from the jar—no bowl needed.
- Double or triple the recipe and refrigerate extra jars for a quick meal.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 187 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Potassium 358 mg
Phosphorus 201 mg
Calcium 68 mg
Fiber 4.6 g
Added Sugar 0
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Brittany from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register