Almost Mashed Potatoes
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 cups cauliflower
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces and rinse with water.
- Place the cauliflower pieces in a microwave safe dish, cover and cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain off moisture from the cooked cauliflower.
- Carefully place the hot cauliflower in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic and pepper. Blend to combine ingredients.
- Remove mixture from the blender and serve hot.
- One medium head cauliflower yields 6 cups.
- Garlic powder may be substituted for the minced garlic.
- Since cauliflower is bland like potatoes, this recipe tastes similar to mashed potatoes. The potassium content is 100 mg lower per serving.
- To reduce fat content, use light cream cheese. Protein, sodium, potassium and phosphorus content will be slightly higher.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Amity from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 76 mg
Potassium 198 mg
Phosphorus 54 mg
Calcium 22 mg
Fiber 3.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register