Pan-Fried Tofu with Dipping Sauce
1/2 of recipe
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 ounces firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Slice the tofu into 4 rectangle slices. Pat each piece dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on high heat.
- Add the tofu and reduce to low-medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the bottom of each piece is golden brown, turn it over and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the dipping sauce mince the garlic and chop the green onion. Combine minced garlic, chopped green onion, sugar or honey, reduced-sodium soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper flakes (optional) in a small mixing bowl.
- Be cautious with reduced-sodium soy sauce, it does still contain high amounts of sodium.
- You may substitute sugar for the honey.
- If you prefer, leave out the hot pepper flakes.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian EJ from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Potassium 176 mg
Phosphorus 132 mg
Calcium 160 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register