Garlic Pita Chips
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 white pita bread, large 8-inch
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles and place on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine oil, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Using a pastry brush coat the top of each pita triangle with oil mixture.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Enjoy!
- Store pita chips in an airtight container for up to one week.
- If thinner chips are preferred separate each pita triangle to single thickness and coat with olive oil mixture before baking.
- For variety, replace garlic powder with your favorite salt-free seasoning blend.
- Serve chips with your favorite kidney-friendly dip.
- Look for pita bread with the lowest sodium content.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jessica from Michigan
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 180 mg
Potassium 84 mg
Phosphorus 62 mg
Calcium 106 mg
Fiber 2.1 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register