2 ounce cooked patty
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoon onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 10 low-sodium soda crackers
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Chop oniion and mince garlic clove. Crush crackers and measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into 6 hamburger patties.
- Place patties in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- For a complete meal, add a small hamburger bun, a slice of onion, lettuce and 1 teaspoon of ketchup.
- This recipe can also be used to make meatloaf.
- For a high protein diet, make 4 patties to increase patty size to 3 ounces cooked. Protein is increased to 27 grams per serving.
- Instead of baking you can grill patties on the barbeque, turning once until thoroughly cooked.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Nicole from Nebraska.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 104 mg
Potassium 331 mg
Phosphorus 160 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register