- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds beef sirloin
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- Combine the vinegar, oil, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to make a marinade.
- Cut the beef into 1-1/2" cubes. Cut the onions into quarters; cut the bell peppers into 1-1/2" squares.
- Place the meat and vegetables in a covered container and marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Load the skewers, alternating with meat and vegetables.
- Grill kebabs over medium heat for 10 to 30 minutes, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Dawn uses sirloin steak for her Shish Kebabs, but you can use whatever meat you prefer.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling to avoid burning them during the cooking process.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 26 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Potassium 458 mg
Phosphorus 217 mg
Calcium 25 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita dietitian Dawn from Ohio.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register