- Higher Potassium
- 1 tablespoon powered Bakers Cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 8 ounces pasteurized liquid egg white
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- Chocolate bar shavings (optional)
- Combine cocoa, cold water and sugar.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add egg whites and 3 tablespoons of the whipped topping. Mix until whipped topping melts completely.
- Top with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and chocolate bar shavings.
- Pasteurized egg whites are safe to consume without cooking.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract for a chocolate mint smoothie.
- People with diabetes can substitute sugar substitute if desired. Carbohydrate is reduced to 6 grams per serving.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lynn from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 29 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 430 mg
Potassium 503 mg
Phosphorus 78 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 1.8 g
Added Sugar 13 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register