Beach Boy Omelet
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons frozen, shredded hash browns
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and green pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add hash browns and cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs with soy milk or nondairy creamer.
- Pour egg mixture into a separate nonstick pan and cook on medium heat until the omelet firms up.
- Place the hash brown mixture in the middle of the omelet surface and loosen both sides of the omelet with a spatula, then roll it over onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs and add spices of your choice.
- Check with your dietitian for recommended soy milk or nondairy creamer to use. Brands vary greatly in potassium and phosphorus content.
- Use milk substitute of choice instead of soy milk if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Ester from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 165 mg
Sodium 180 mg
Potassium 307 mg
Phosphorus 128 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register