- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn, grated
- 1/4 cup paneer cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and add mustard seeds. When the seeds splutter, add semolina, chilies and salt. Roast until the semolina grows slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix yogurt with water and blend until smooth.
- Add corn, paneer, cilantro and yogurt to the cooled semolina mixture. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease on idli mould with ghee (clarified butter) and spoon small portions of batter into mould. Steam and cook idlis for 10 minutes. Remove from the mold.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro and serve with Cilantro Chutney.
- Use batter immediately for best results.
- Curious about unfamiliar ingredients?
- Ghee is clarified butter.
- Paneer is a South Asian cheese widely used in Indian cuisine. It is made by curdling milk with lemon juice or acid and is similar to cottage cheese or queso blanco. Substitute cottage cheese if paneer is unavailable.
- Farina, sold under the name Cream of Wheat®, is the same as semolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 214 mg
Potassium 140 mg
Phosphorus 89 mg
Calcium 69 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 milk
- 1 starch
- 2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe created by the mother of DaVita dialysis patient Aditya from California and submitted by DaVita dietitian Shawna from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register