Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or preferred granular sweetener)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 tablespoons half & half creamer
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- Chop the strawberries, then coat with sugar or granular sweetener. Set aside.
- Combine the water, soy milk and half & half in a small pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the strawberries and bring to a boil.
- Add the oats and cook 4 to 5 minutes to desired thickness.
- For extra sweetness drizzle with honey, agave or sweetener of choice.
- Try raspberries or blueberries instead of strawberries when in season.
- A single serving is considered as a one dish meal. If serving as a side dish, decrease portion to 1/2 cup
- For a gluten-free diet check oatmeal for "gluten-free" on the label.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Karol from Florida
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 44 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Potassium 470 mg
Phosphorus 239 mg
Calcium 200 mg
Fiber 6.2 g
Added Sugar 4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 milk alternative
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register