3-1/2 ounce chicken breast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- To prepare marinade blend together all ingredients except chicken to a smooth paste consistency.
- Wash chicken and pat dry on paper towel. Place in a shallow glass pan. Pour marinade paste over chicken, coating each piece well. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate. Turn once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in a baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat extra marinade to a boil then use for basting.
- Purchace 4 chicken breasts, 4 ounces each.
- This is a great recipe for the grill.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 73 mg
Potassium 383 mg
Phosphorus 226 mg
Calcium 59 mg
Fiber 1.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Usha from Missouri.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register