Quick Pan-Glazed Chicken
1 chicken breast
- CKD non-dialysis
2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with pepper.
- Sauté chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sauté for one minute, flipping chicken over to coat.
- Add honey and basil. Stir and flip chicken to coat. Cook for one minute longer.
- Remove to a plate and spoon pan sauce over chicken.
- Be creative and season chicken with herbs or low sodium seasoning blends of your own choice. Garlic and onion powder go well with the black pepper.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, decrease the portion to 1/2 chicken breast or substitute smaller boneless chicken thighs for the breast meat.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christine from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 83 mg
Sodium 55 mg
Potassium 412 mg
Phosphorus 246 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register