- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 15 ounces canned peach halves in extra light syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Drain peaches; reserve the juice and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, whole cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and orange rind in a medium saucepan.
- Add reserved peach juice to the spice mixture. Stir mixture well and add peaches.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Divide peaches into dessert dishes; serve warm.
- Use sliced peaches instead of halves if desired.
- For higher calories use peaches canned in heavy syrup.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg
Potassium 104 mg
Phosphorus 16 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mindy from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register