Green Pea Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups frozen green peas
- 2.25 ounces canned sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Chop the onion and mince the basil.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and then mix peas with the mayonnaise-yogurt sauce while peas are still warm.
- Add the onion, basil and olives to the green pea mixture and stir to combine ingredients.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Three cups of green peas is approximately 1 pound. Substitute fresh green peas when in season.
- Choose mayonnaise with an olive oil base to include healthy fats.
- Use parsley in place of basil if desired.
- Two tablespoons of sliced almonds can also be added for crunch factor.
- Add pepper or Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend to flavor as desired.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitain Jenifer from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 209 mg
Potassium 120 mg
Phosphorus 103 mg
Calcium 86 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register