Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
5 large lemons
1/3 cup cracked peppercorns
1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- Set the oven to the lowest temperature.
- Wash and dry the lemons. Using a microplane zester or fine kitchen grater, remove the yellow part of the lemon peel.
- Mix the zested lemon peel with the cracked peppercorns.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the mixture. Set baking sheet in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15-20 minutes.
- Add the coriander and place the mixture into a food processor or spice grinder. Process until ingredients are finely ground.
- Store in an airtight container or tabletop shaker. Use as a salt replacement at the table or add to meat, chicken, fish, salad or vegetables.
- You will need 3/4 cup of fresh lemon zest.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning will keep for 3-4 months if stored in an airtight container.
- Most commercial lemon pepper blends contain salt.
- You can purchase dried lemon zest for a quick recipe but the fresh zest tastes better.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sara from California
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Potassium 23 mg
Phosphorus 3 mg
Calcium 10 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register