- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- Wash cauliflower and cut florets from stem.
- Pulse cauliflower pieces in food processor until it has a grain-like consistency.
- Warm butter in a saucepan and add spices.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- “Fluff” with a fork and serve.
- Try DaVita FluidWise salt-free herb seasoning blend available through the DaVita Patients Store at www.ShopDaVita.com, or use your favorite salt-free herb blend.
- Make Yellow Cauliflower Rice by adding a pinch of turmeric.
- This recipe is gluten free.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Christine from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 43 mg
Potassium 206 mg
Phosphorus 31 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register