Easy Strawberry Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
1/8th pie slice
- one 9-inch crust pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin dry mix
- 4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Prepare a 9-inch single pie crust recipe or bake a 9-inch frozen prepared pie shell according to package directions. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and water in medium sauce pan and cook until mixture is thick and clear, stirring often to prevent clumping. Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry gelatin.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, but not firm.
- Place the sliced strawberries into the cooled pie shell. Pour the cooked gelatin mixture over the berries. Let the pie set for a few minutes.
- Cover the pie with waxed paper and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped topping and garnish with a mint leaf if desired.