Cream Cheesy Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices onion
- Mix ground beef, eggs, basil, onion powder and garlic powder together.
- Separate meat into eight 2-ounce patties.
- Take 1-1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese and place on top of a patty.
- Take another patty and place it on top, to sandwich the cream cheese between the two patties.
- Repeat this procedure with the remaining patties.
- Cook in a frying pan or on a grill to desired doneness.
- Serve burgers on a bun with lettuce, onion and condiment of choice.
- For a variation, combine all the ingredients together with cream cheese in the meat, make four 4-ounce patties and cook.
- Top burger with ketchup or steak sauce without the bun for variety.
- Recipe may be varied by rolling cream cheese in bread crumbs or panko crumbs.
- Patties cook best in a frying pan, in their own juices.
- Many herbs and flavorings work well to add flavor without sodium — try using horseradish, oregano or Italian seasoning.
- For a lower protein diet make 6 burgers instead of 4 burgers
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Judy from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 23 g
Cholesterol 182 mg
Sodium 380 mg
Potassium 482 mg
Phosphorus 306 mg
Calcium 128 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register