Strawberry Dreamsicle Delight
6 ounces (3/4 cup)
- Heart Healthy
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 scoops Syntrax Nectar® whey protein isolate powder, Vanilla Bean Torte flavor
- 1/4 cup Torani® sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free strawberry soda
- Pour the almond milk and protein powder in a blender. Blend well.
- Add the strawberry extract and blend.
- Pour mixture into 4 cups and slowly add 2 tablespoons of strawberry soda into each cup. Enjoy!
- If strawberry extract is unavailable, substitute vanilla extract.
- Compare almond milk labels and ingredients and select one without phosphate additives.
- Look for strawberry soda without phosphate additives. If strawberry soda is not available look for Big Red® diet soda.
- If Syntrax Nectar® Whey Protein Isolate Powder is unavailable, ask your dietitian for an appropriate substitute. EAS® 100% Whey Protein Powder is an option and gives approximately 13 grams of protein per scoop.
- When soda is added mixture will foam, so add slowly and stop until bubbles reduce if needed to prevent bubbling over.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Allison from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 146 mg
Potassium 193 mg
Phosphorus 90 mg
Calcium 67 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 1 nondairy milk substitute
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register