Easy Pizza Dough
2 pizzas, 16 portions
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package rapid rising yeast
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Pour water into a measuring cup and heat in microwave to 120º to 130º F. Add canola oil and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Add warm water and oil and stir to form the dough. Stir in an additional 1/2-cup flour.
- Place dough on a floured board. Sprinkle with flour and knead dough 5 to 6 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add more flour as needed to prevent sticking. Divide in half and form 2 balls.
- Cover dough and let rise for 10 minutes. Punch dough down and form each ball into a flat 12" pizza shape. Place on pizza pan or baking stone.
- Spread sauce over each pizza, add pizza toppings and bake at 425º F for 12 to 16 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
- To form a 12" pizza, turn a medium-sized bowl upside down and dust with flour. Gently stretch dough evenly over outside of the bowl; turn and place on pizza pan.
- Divide each dough ball in half to make four individual-sized pizzas.
- If you have difficulty with dough rising, check the expiration date on your yeast. Be sure water is not too hot as this kills the yeast. Add a tablespoon of sugar in step #3 to 'feed' the yeast. Recipe calls for rapid-acting yeast. Regular baker's yeast may take 30 minutes or longer for dough to rise.
Creative suggestions for Easy Pizza Dough
- Make bread sticks by dividing dough into 16 pieces and roll into cigar-shaped pieces. Bake at 425º F until golden brown.
- Make rolls by dividing dough into 8 rolls. Let rise until doubled in size, brush with oil and bake at 425º F until golden brown.
- Make cinnamon rolls by rolling each dough ball into a rectangular shape. Spread with softened butter, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/2-cup sugar or granulated sugar substitute. Roll up and cut roll into 2" pieces. Place cinnamon rolls in a buttered dish and bake at 400º F until golden brown.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Potassium 35 mg
Phosphorus 25 mg
Calcium 1 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register