one 3" x 4" piece
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (part skim)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices English muffin toasting bread
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (stems and pieces), rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dice the onion and bell pepper. Mince the garlic. Shred the cheese.
- Crumble English muffin toasting bread into 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Beat eggs and rice milk together in a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to egg mixture and stir well.
- Pour egg mixture over crumbled bread and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- If English muffin toasting bread is unavailable, substitute 5 regular-size whole English muffins.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Amie, MS RD LD CSR, from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 218 mg
Sodium 343 mg
Potassium 147 mg
Phosphorus 187 mg
Calcium 152 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register