Garlic Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar
1 chicken breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Wash and trim excess fat from chicken breasts.
- Coat both sides of chicken breast with pepper.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic, turn chicken and scatter mushrooms all over.
- Move chicken and mushrooms around to keep them from sticking and cook about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, low-sodium chicken broth, bay leaf, thyme leaves and cornstarch.
- Add mixture to skillet with chicken. Stir until sauce is thickened.
- Cover and cook over moderately-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and garlic before serving. Serve over rice or pasta.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, try this recipe but reduce the portion to match your diet plan.
- Refrigerate leftover chicken to use in a salad or sandwich the next day.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Carrie from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 88 mg
Potassium 337 mg
Phosphorus 230 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register