Grilled Marinated Chicken
1 chicken breast (2 fillets)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half crosswise, making two thin fillets from each breast.
- Mince the garlic and combine with the remaining ingredients in a zip-top bag; mix well.
- Add the chicken fillets to the bag. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or longer, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over medium heat until the chicken is done, turning once. If using a meat thermometer the temperature should reach 165º F. Top chicken with fresh thyme sprigs while grilling if desired.
- Too cold to grill? Use your broiler to cook the chicken.
- If you are on a lower protein diet you can reduce the portion to 1 fillet or the amount specified in your meal plan.
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita renal dietitian Lori from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 65 mg
Potassium 252 mg
Phosphorus 200 mg
Calcium 31 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register