- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat sugar, butter, orange zest and salt with a mixer. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until well blended. Slowly add flour mixture and mix until all flour is incorporated.
- With a spoon, mix macadamia nuts and cranberries into dough.
- Remove dough from bowl onto a very lightly floured surface; form dough into a loaf that is approx 12” long and 3” wide.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until barely golden on surface. Remove from oven cool loaf for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the cooled loaf into 3/4”-thick slices using a bread knife. Place slices back on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes until biscotti are lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Cooking times vary with each oven.
- Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for about one week.
- Great for gift-giving around the holidays.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Potassium 29 mg
Phosphorus 34 mg
Calcium 27 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Meg from Alabama.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register